Tyne scrum down again
Published at 07:38, Wednesday, 25 June 2014
AFTER their great escape from relegation last season, Tynedale Rugby Club are already looking forward to the new season.
Training starts on July 3, and will take place three times per week thereafter on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
And the players have been told that they will have to raise their game if they are not to be involved in an other battle to beat the drop.
The club’s chairman of rugby John Shotton said: “ Each year, the standard of rugby in National One increases and at present is unrecognisable to even two to three years ago.
“Therefore if we are to perform consistently to our full potential next season an important step in preseason is for each player to accept more responsibility for his own development.
“Each player has got to set his own strength/conditioning standards so that he can perform to levels above anything attained previously.”
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Ovingham Bridge programme seven weeks behind schedule
- Plenmeller: The firm with a lot of bottle looks for engineers of the future
- Tynedale: County aims to flush £240,000 out of toilets
- Job cuts likely as Hexham schools tackled £279,000 deficit
- Once Brewed: The Sill visitor centre reaches final hurdle