Nicole celebrates golden games
Published at 07:37, Wednesday, 13 August 2014
TWO former members of Queen Elizabeth High School Rowing Club helped Great Britain top the medals table at the European Universities Games.
Carrying on her excellent form, Nicole Lamb returned with both a gold and bronze while Sarah Robinson was also celebrating gold.
Nicole went into the games after her silver medal in the U23 World Rowing Championships in the eight.
And she again impressed in the eight, she and her Newcastle University teammates maintaining their title as European University champions by claiming the victory by a healthy margin of four seconds.
The promising youngster, who has just finished a degree in biology, then went on to claim a bronze as she and Emily Ford finished third in the women’s pair.
More glory came the way of ex-QEHS pupils as Sarah was part of the lightweight women from Oxford University who provided a stunning display of sculling to dominate their race and cross the line more than four seconds ahead of the home nation.
The medal from the Tynedale lasses saw Great Britain head the rowing table, claiming a total of five golds, three silvers and three bronzes.
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Plenmeller: The firm with a lot of bottle looks for engineers of the future
- Ovingham Bridge programme seven weeks behind schedule
- Tynedale: County aims to flush £240,000 out of toilets
- Job cuts likely as Hexham schools tackled £279,000 deficit
- Tynedale: Textile students have designs on dressing up Hexham Abbey