Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Saturday, 30 May 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Hat-trick stuns the Sharks

FAY Scott bagged herself a hat-trick as Wylam Rockettes U11 defeated North Shields Sharks.

Fay was on hand to net all three of Wylam’s goals in the 3-1 success, with an excellent defensive performance from Ellie Tiffin, which time and again saw her deny North Shields, earning her the girl of the game award.

Wylam Rockettes U10 secured a 4 -2 win over Cramlington Girls, as Josie Fenwick scored twice and Stacey Billinghurst and Estelle McGhee both also notched.

Meanwhile, Wylam Rockettes U12 beat Morpeth 2-1 to keep their title challenge intact, with goals from Izzy Flynn and Abby Brown.

Wylam Rockettes U13 dodged the rain showers to draw 2-2 away at Blyth.

Blyth took an early lead but girl of the game Izzy McKenna equalised with a superb solo effort before Georgia Briggs gave Wylam the lead on the stroke of half time. Blyth scored their second midway through the second half but Wylam finished the stronger with efforts from Maria Stamp, Rosie Spragg and Georgia all fizzing just wide in the last few minutes.

Despite Wylam Rockettes U11 Rascals losing 7 - 0 to a strong Whitley Coast Soccer team, there were encouraging signs for the club’s newest team with the never say die attitude of girl of the game Sorrel Hutchinson and Hannah Dodgeon particularly evident.

Meanwhile, Hexham U14 Greens drew 4-4 with KYPC Panthers in an entertaining stalemate, Owen Murtough finding the back of the net twice, with Joff Carr and man of the match Bradley Wilson also registering.

Hexham U12 went down 6-2 to Prudhoe YC U12 Rockets, while the quarter-finals of the Pin Point Challenge Shield was the last step for Hexham U15 as they narrowly lost 3-2 at Consett.