Hexham Bonfire Night
Published at 09:41, Wednesday, 07 November 2012
THOUSANDS of eager spectators poured into Hexham on Saturday to watch Hexham Round Table’s annual pyrotechnic extravaganza.
The bonfire and fireworks event, which dates back more than 50 years, serves to boost the town’s economy as well as generating funds to support local charities and organisations. The Sele was packed with an estimated 12,000-strong crowd, who provided the countdown to the bonfire being lit and the professional 30-minute fireworks’ display, which illuminated the night sky above the town.
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Prudhoe: Unimaginative street names get the chop
- Health unit will be centre of excellence
- £27m hospital gets final go-ahead
- Ovingham grandma’s terror as wind wreaks havoc
- Police raid sparks concerns
- Residents facing bill to tidy up back lane (20 comments)
- Bin collection
- Prudhoe: ‘Paul was asset to town’
- Four arrested after Prudhoe stabbing
- Prudhoe Puzzler answers