Hexham Bonfire Night
Published at 09:41, Wednesday, 07 November 2012
THOUSANDS of eager spectators poured into Hexham on Saturday to watch Hexham Round Table’s annual pyrotechnic extravaganza.
The bonfire and fireworks event, which dates back more than 50 years, serves to boost the town’s economy as well as generating funds to support local charities and organisations. The Sele was packed with an estimated 12,000-strong crowd, who provided the countdown to the bonfire being lit and the professional 30-minute fireworks’ display, which illuminated the night sky above the town.
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Ovingham Bridge programme seven weeks behind schedule
- Plenmeller: The firm with a lot of bottle looks for engineers of the future
- Tynedale: County aims to flush £240,000 out of toilets
- Job cuts likely as Hexham schools tackled £279,000 deficit
- Once Brewed: The Sill visitor centre reaches final hurdle