Woman dies after house fire
Last updated at 09:54, Tuesday, 29 January 2013
A 93-YEAR-OLD woman from Hexham, who was rescued from a fire at her home, has died in hospital.
Hilda Webb died on Thursday in Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary after firefighters pulled her from the blaze which broke out in her bungalow at Garth Cottages at 8.45pm on Wednesday.
She was found unconscious in her living room, where the fire is thought to have started, before smoke spread through the rest of the property.
Investigators began working at the bungalow on Thursday morning to establish the cause of the fire, but there are thought to be no suspicious circumstances.
First published at 16:05, Thursday, 24 January 2013
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
This week in... 1919Saturday, June 21st, 1919
Broomley and Bywell parishes near Stocksfield wanted to raise a memorial to the Fallen of the First World War.
Lord Allendale had promised to give a site for the monument and if sufficient funds were raised it was planned to build a memorial cottage for a district nurse.
Lord Allendale also agreed to let several acres of land adjoining the village school to be used as a recreation ground.