Top honour for Rat Inn
Last updated at 08:37, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
THE Rat Inn at Anick has been named one of the best gastro pubs in Britain in a prestigious industry poll.
The hostelry, which dates back to the 1700s, has been ranked at number 41 in the Budweiser Budvar Top 50 Gastro Pubs Awards 2013 and is the only Northumberland pub to appear.
the awards are voted for through an extensive poll of over 500 voters including celebrity chefs, pub guide editors and food journalists.
**Read the full story in this Friday’s Hexham Courant.
First published at 08:36, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Ovingham Bridge programme seven weeks behind schedule
- Plenmeller: The firm with a lot of bottle looks for engineers of the future
- Job cuts likely as Hexham schools tackled £279,000 deficit
- Tynedale: County aims to flush £240,000 out of toilets
- Tynedale: Textile students have designs on dressing up Hexham Abbey