Top honour for Rat Inn
Last updated at 08:37, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
THE Rat Inn at Anick has been named one of the best gastro pubs in Britain in a prestigious industry poll.
The hostelry, which dates back to the 1700s, has been ranked at number 41 in the Budweiser Budvar Top 50 Gastro Pubs Awards 2013 and is the only Northumberland pub to appear.
the awards are voted for through an extensive poll of over 500 voters including celebrity chefs, pub guide editors and food journalists.
**Read the full story in this Friday’s Hexham Courant.
First published at 08:36, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Work starts to redevelop Carlisle Airport (33 comments)
- We can blow battle for Carlisle wide open, claim UKIP (42 comments)
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (19 comments)
- I won't quit vows Cumbria council leader after parking charges climbdown (25 comments)
- New Cumbrian leisure centre delayed by finance query (15 comments)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (87 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (62 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (89 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (30 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)