Opencast fears for village school.
Last updated at 17:02, Tuesday, 18 December 2012
GOVERNORS of a school threatened to be overshadowed by a opencast coal site have expressed their concerns to Northumberland County Council.
Whittonstall First School lies within 200 yards from the boundary of the proposed Hoodclose Site.
The plans, submitted by UK Coal, would see two million tonnes of coal extracted over a seven year period.
An £850,000 sweetener has been offered to the first school by the company, but governors have yet to approve or object to the plans.
First published at 16:56, Tuesday, 18 December 2012
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Vandals target Prudhoe planters
- Plea to back bid for new Bootle BMX track
- It takes lots of time and love... but not money
- Turning back the clock - Old Prudhoe (11 comments)
- LOOKING BACK PICTURES
- Humshaugh news
- The Wolf report
- Apollo remain on course for memorable treble
- Speed camera in flames
- Swimming pool opening times