Hexham: No buyer yet for former coaching inn
Published at 07:42, Wednesday, 24 April 2013
A BUYER is still being sought for one of Hexham’s best known hotels.
The Royal Hotel, on Priestpopple, went on the market earlier this month at a guide price of £275,000.
The building has been boarded up since the end of January and is in the hands of receivers Kevin Oliver Property & Business Consultants.
On Wednesday, Mr Oliver said interest has been expressed in the Royal, which has 10 bedrooms, a function suite, dining room and restaurant.
He said: “We’ve had three viewings and there are a few more viewings lined up for next week.”
The boarded-up appearance of the 200-year-old former coaching inn led to criticism from Hexham Civic Society and Hexham town councilor Matty Donnelly.
The rough boards were swiftly painted white to match the walls of the building.
Anyone interested in the Royal Hotel should call (01434) 343 000 or visit www.kevinoliver.co.uk
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Ovingham Bridge programme seven weeks behind schedule
- Plenmeller: The firm with a lot of bottle looks for engineers of the future
- Job cuts likely as Hexham schools tackled £279,000 deficit
- Tynedale: County aims to flush £240,000 out of toilets
- Tynedale: Textile students have designs on dressing up Hexham Abbey