Hexham Abbey hosts Great Wall exhibition
Last updated at 10:37, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
A WALL to Wall link stretching halfway round the world has borne fruit in Hexham.
For Tynedale’s premier tourist attraction Hadrian’s Wall is now officially linked with the Great Wall of China.
And to cement the cultural coming together, an exhibition of photographs of the Great Wall of China spanning almost 150 years has gone on show at Hexham Abbey.
The exhibition - The Great Wall - Photographs Then and Now, will remain at the Abbey until February 12.
**See this Friday's Hexham Courant for full details.
First published at 10:36, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Prudhoe: High street marketing campaign leaves businesses disappointed
- Swimming pool opening times
- LOOKING BACK PICTURES
- Leisure centre
- Jail best place for drugs man
- All fired up about Halloween
- Huge turnout for Barrow Christmas lights switch-on (1 comment)
- Prudhoe: Will Archers sell up?
- Ovingham: Bridge repairs put spotlight on engineering feats