Hexham Abbey hosts Great Wall exhibition
Last updated at 10:37, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
A WALL to Wall link stretching halfway round the world has borne fruit in Hexham.
For Tynedale’s premier tourist attraction Hadrian’s Wall is now officially linked with the Great Wall of China.
And to cement the cultural coming together, an exhibition of photographs of the Great Wall of China spanning almost 150 years has gone on show at Hexham Abbey.
The exhibition - The Great Wall - Photographs Then and Now, will remain at the Abbey until February 12.
**See this Friday's Hexham Courant for full details.
First published at 10:36, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Carlisle auctioneer to present BBC's Bargain Hunt
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (18 comments)
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (14 comments)
- 'Knighton' in Twitter claims over Carlisle Utd (12 comments)
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (26 comments)