Tynedale: News in brief
Published at 07:40, Wednesday, 29 January 2014
TWO fire crews from Haydon Bridge and Hexham were called to Langley Castle Hotel last Friday afternoon to deal with a chimney fire.
The blaze was contained within the chimney and tackled from the roof, while specialist ventilation equipment was used inside the building when the first floor became smoke logged.
POLICE are investigating after an empty gas canister was stolen from outside a house in Whitley Chapel.
The canister was taken from the property in the Mire Meadows area, some time between January 10 and 15.
A DISTINCTIVE red laptop worth £500 was stolen from Beales department store in Hexham.
The red Asus computer, used by staff, was taken between 12.30pm and 3pm on Tuesday, January 14.
AN ornamental chimney pot worth £350 has been stolen from a garden in Charlton near Bellingham.
The three feet tall glazed pot was taken between January 7 and 16.
FIREFIGHTERS from Hexham and Prudhoe were called to a garage fire in Stocksfield on Saturday.
The outbuilding on Branch End Terrace was badly damaged by the blaze, which was reported just before 4pm, and is not being treated as suspicious.
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk