Tynedale: News in brief
Published at 07:40, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
POLICE are investigating after a man and a woman were assaulted outside a Haydon Bridge pub in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
The 50-year-old man suffered a broken nose in the attack, which happened outside the Anchor Hotel, on John Martin Street.
The 31-year-old woman suffered an injury to her ankle.
Police said the incident happened as the pair were leaving the pub.
Inquiries are ongoing, and anyone with any information about the assault should call police on 101.
A MAN has been remanded in custody following a house burglary and theft of a car in Gilsland.
Brett Wight of Mayfield Avenue, Throckley, appeared at Newcastle Magistrates’ Court on Friday, December 27, when he was charged with burglary, theft and aggravated vehicle taking.
The 36-year-old did not enter a plea, and was remanded in custody.
He was due to appear at Newcastle Crown Court today.
The charges relate to an incident in the early hours of Boxing Day.
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Plenmeller: The firm with a lot of bottle looks for engineers of the future
- Ovingham Bridge programme seven weeks behind schedule
- Tynedale: County aims to flush £240,000 out of toilets
- Job cuts likely as Hexham schools tackled £279,000 deficit
- Tynedale: Textile students have designs on dressing up Hexham Abbey