£15,000 windfarm windfall handed over
Last updated at 10:34, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
THE first instalment of £15,000 has been paid into the Kiln Pit Hill Wind Farm community benefit fund by energy company RWE npower renewables.
And now local residents have until the end of the month to put forward their ideas on how it should be spent.
RWE npower renewables has promised to set aside £375,000 over a 25-year period - the life of the wind farm - to be used on local projects.
Possible projects to date include improvements to St John’s Community Hall and an outdoor classroom for Whittonstall First School.
Six wind turbines were erected at Kiln Pit Hit last year.
**See this Friday's Hexham Courant for full details.
First published at 10:33, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Ovingham Bridge programme seven weeks behind schedule
- Plenmeller: The firm with a lot of bottle looks for engineers of the future
- Tynedale: County aims to flush £240,000 out of toilets
- Job cuts likely as Hexham schools tackled £279,000 deficit
- Once Brewed: The Sill visitor centre reaches final hurdle